St. Bernard Catholic Parish
St. Bernard Church
6th and H Street
St. Joseph Church
Henderson and C
Adult Faith Formation
Religious Education / Faith Formation
Phone: (707) 442-6466 Mail to: 615 H Street, Eureka, CA 95501 Fax: (707) 443-0914
On - Going Events
Religious Education for Children and Youth Grades K-Confirmation : ( previously called CCD)
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults)
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults - RCIA. Read more here.
RCIA is the process through which adults (non-Catholic or baptized Catholics) are prepared to receive the
sacraments of the Church. It is not a "program" of "classes", but a journey of faith based on the working of the
Spirit in an open heart. We meet on Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. in the St.Bernard Parish Hall, upstairs. .
Those interested in the Catholic faith with an eye towards joining our faith community are invited to
attend. There is no financial cost or obligation. For more information, contact Dianne at 707-442-8812.
St. Bernard Catholic School Grade 7- 12
Also view our 'HOME PAGE" for a current listing of upcoming Faith Formation opportunities .
PLEASE NOTE: The Sacrament of Holy Communion may be received as early as the
second grade, and the Sacrament of Confirmation in the seventh grade. Both Sacraments
require proper education, spiritual formation and life within the Church. Thus, a two year
preparation period is recommended by the Diocese.
An Adult Faith Formation and Certification series is frequently offered through the Santa Rosa
Diocesan Office at St.Bernard Catholic School in Eureka. This series is designed for our
Catechists, Teachers and Principals, although others may attend.
For more information, contact the Diocese of Santa Rosa.
Coordinator: Kim Farrell 707-442-6466 ext 1103
or email: email@example.com
We are excited to begin a new year! There will be a few changes, so to keep you in the loop, and help you
sign up for classes:
1) All families will need to have an interview before enrollment. We will begin scheduling these interviews
next weekend, or you can email or call Kim Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org , (707) 442-2233.
Interviews will be held primarily during the evenings of the month of September, and will last
approximately 20 minutes.
2) There will be no child drop-offs at this year’s program. At least one parent / godparent / grandparent
must attend with the student. Students attending without guardian will be sent home.
3) Classes will be held on Sunday nights at Saint Bernard’s Academy from 6:00pm-7:30pm.
4) All grades, Confirmation prep, and Spanish language classes will be held in the same location at the
5) Religious Education is not for Sacrament Prep only. Please enroll your children from Kindergarten-
6) If you have a special circumstance of some kind due to the needs of the child or family challenges,
please let us know in your interview.
7) The first day of class will be October 6th, please arrive a little early! (5:45pm) We look forward to an
exciting year for the youth of our combined parishes!